voices and friends . poetry reading

.


Today is the first Monday gathering of the links of people that want to share poetry in a very special way.  That way is by reading the poetry aloud.  I love to be read to and i love to hear poetry.  I hope that there will be several people that give this a try.  If you need time to think about it, there is still the listening, so click on those links and have a listen.

There is a web page called soundcloud that is easy to use and they give free time for recording and trying out what they have to offer.  All you do is go there and sign-in, press a couple of buttons to record something, read into your computer microphone, do this until you have a recording that you like, and press another button to save it.  Then you can post it on your blog page.  After you sign-in, the instructions are pretty easy.

If you would like, it would be nice to have the written words posted along with the recording.

Remember to come back here and share your "post link" (on mr. stinky linky) along with (i hope) the many others.

Since Mr. Stinky and SoundCloud are not behaving well together on my blog, i now have a blog that is just for my poetry sound recordings.  You will see my post link below.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.


.

17 comments:

Larry, aka The Kid and The Old Goat said...

Nancy,

What I don't know how to do is put my recording from Soundcloud onto my Posts or anywhere?

Lar

Maureen said...

Thank you for the honor of recording your words. Your poem is truly lovely.

I got some kind of an error message at Mr. Linky, so just in case, here's the link: http://soundcloud.com/mdoallas/audio-recording-of-nancy

Maureen said...

Larry,

On your tracks recorded page, you'll see an icon for sharing. When you click that on, the popup will include code you copy to embed on your blog. Hope this is helpful.

Charity Singleton said...

Nancy - I love this idea. I love hearing your voice and the "performance" of poems. I'll be back - I've got to figure out some technical issues first!

nance marie said...

i know that this will have a slow starting curve. however, i want to stay with it so that people have plenty of time to read other poems. and so that people have time to figure out how to record. it's all such a process.

Brian Miller said...

so cool...love the concept nance...and a great challenge to record your poems...off to check a few out...

Lorrie said...

Love hearing the voices! You always have the bestest ideas :-)

Larry, aka The Kid and The Old Goat said...

Maureen,

Thanks for the tip, but for some reason this sharing icon didn't include and popups. Mine seems to be different from everyone else's because nancy tried to help as well and I didn't have what she was describing either.

Larry

Larry, aka The Kid and The Old Goat said...

It looks as if somehow my page mad fit on. maybe there are some incompatibilities with Lion, which I have on my new computer.

Larry

Larry, aka The Kid and The Old Goat said...

Lorrie, Glynn, Nance, I left comments on your poem page.

Larry

Marcus Goodyear said...

Got it! That was kind of fun.

Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maureen said...

So much fun listening to the readings. Thanks for pulling Voices together, Nancy.

Lyla Lindquist said...

Wonderful, Nancy. Loved hearing everyone...

And love that new blog header. How're things going for the new freshman in the new school?

S. Etole said...

This is the best fun ever! Thank you, Nance, for initiating it.

livingjourney said...

I loved hearing everyone reading their selected poetry. Thanks for the opportunity to share my poetry Nance!

So much fun :)

Louise Gallagher said...

So now I have a mission this evening. I've wanted to try recording my poems -- now you've removed my last excuse! (I don't know how to get them online) -- This sounds like fun! I'll be back.